Monday, November 10, 2008

Well the first weekend that Wrexham have not been involved in First Round FA Cup action since I started following them 30 years ago. What did I do with my time, well I took in a tie at Crewe where Ebbsfleet were the visitors and whilst it was nice not to have an emotional tie to either team the fayre on offer was pretty poor and it got me thinking about the great cup ties over the years.....Arsenal (twice), Newcastle, Middlesbrough, West Ham and on and on. Then it was home to read about any potential signings Patrick Suffo looks a good one of he is fit and another combatitive midfielder from Stoke. Dean certainly appears to be getting some backing from Geoff Moss and seems to be bringing in some quality. At least when the next cup competition starts the FA Trophy it will be primarily Saunders team playing Saunders way..........dreams of Wembley suddenly come flooding back........Come on you Reds!

Steve

No comments: